Answers to your questions related to travelling in the context of Covid-19
Updated on the 12/04/2021
My trip was postponed because of COVID-19, how does it work?
We will soon send you by email a credit note to the value of the paid deposit. It will be valid for 18 months from our proposal of a replacement trip.
Here is how this credit note works:
- Valid for 18 months on all our trips.
- Valid on all our trips at the same price. If the price of the trip is lower, the difference will be kept as a complementary credit note.
- Your credit can be used on one or more trips.
- If you wish to use it on a trip more expensive than your previous choice, the difference will be added to your balance.
- After 18 months, if your credit has not been used in full, you can request a refund.
- This credit is yours and cannot be transferred to a third party.
Why propose a credit note rather than a refund for trips postponed because of Covid-19?
In the face of this global health crisis of unprecedented magnitude, please let us explain to you why the tourism industry is offering you a refund in the form of a credit note.
By offering you a credit note valid for 18 months rather than a refund, we are applying the government order adopted on 25 March 2020 to protect the tourism sector.
Our cash position is very healthy and we are entirely confident in our ability to recover from this crisis. We feel a responsibility to show solidarity and support to all our service providers and local partners, who are sometimes more financially fragile. Faced with the unprecedented volume of cancellations around the world, all our partners are in great difficulty. Their survival is essential so that we can continue to provide you with the best possible travel conditions in the near future.
As a traveller, you should know that this credit note is only a deferral in time because if after 18 months, you still do not wish to postpone your trip, we will reimburse you.
To reassure you completely, please be aware that your credit is guaranteed by the APST (an association of tourism professionals), who is our guarantor at Atout France (tourism development agency).